Prior to taking the Way of a Warrior course in 2008, I let my self-perceived limitations and doubts hold me fast. Looking back I see how I limited myself. I want more than this for me, now and in the future!
From my own experiences of taking the WOW course in the US and then being on team in SA, both the courses and the months after have been times of significant growth. My experience being on team in South Africa took me “from Lone Ranger to Captain of the Ship,” to quote Manndi Schuld from Cape Town.
Recently I have been made redundant three times, have doubted myself, my work capacity and work capability. Yet in the midst of this I have three times stepped up and stepped forward. I have motivated myself to take on more complex work roles with more responsibility and greater self-challenge. Two months ago I started with a great NZ-based company in a middle-management engineering position with much responsibility, 10 staff and a rather large budget. As a Warrior of the Spirit, I am able to richly grow from the many Lifeshocks this role provides as I take a stand to battle with my mind. Last week was my birthday. I came home after an earthquake-related funeral feeling rather low, conscious of a dad and two kids under 8 missing their wife/mum. At 8pm, I learnt that my manufacturing plant had stopped on one of our busiest days of the year. I was needed at work to lead urgent repairs. My mind had it that I had done enough for the day. I was sad, teary and hurting, both physically and mentally tired. And it was MY Birthday!
Yet I found my willingness, I enjoyed communicating and encouraging suppliers and my staff, problem-solving and trusting my instincts as I empowered others to find the repaired spare that was missing somewhere between Auckland and Christchurch. Our expensive spare arrived on-site at 5.30am, and we had the plant up and running not long after that.
Battling with my mind – I am up for this! I firmly believe that it is the work that I have done for myself at Way of a Warrior that has allowed me to see who I truly am and what I am capable of. It is my Warrior work that led me to apply for this role, and my Warrior work that keeps me coming back from each rolling Lifeshock.
My vision is: To be all I am, and all I will be.
I want you see your possibilities and truths. To open to who you really truly are. Are you willing to stretch
forward in your life? To reach your full potential? Are you willing to Stand and be a Warrior of the Spirit and
battle with your mind? Spiritual Warriors are significant. Please see my number and email address above. I look forward to hearing from you.
Much love, John.
No comments:
Post a Comment